MATTRESS CLEANING VIRGINIA BEACH
We all spend up to one-third of our lives on our mattresses, but apart from changing the sheets, and an occasional vacuuming, we aren’t always great at keeping them clean. Considering that the average person keeps their mattress for a decade or more, that leaves plenty of time for dust, pet dander, debris, and indoor allergens to pile up and become a problem. If you suffer from allergies or asthma, maintaining a clean mattress is essential. One of the most harmful indoor allergens is dust mites, and 60% of the dust mites found in your home have all taken up residence in your mattress (with the other 40% hiding out in your carpet). If you have been noticing an increase in allergy or asthma symptoms, a thorough mattress cleaning can help significantly reduce them.
MATTRESS CLEANING PROCESS
Pre-Cleaning Mattress inspection
Pretreating heavy soiled areas
Steam cleaning / Water Extraction
Post Mattress Cleaning Inspection
Sanitation and Odor Control
WHY SHOULD YOU CLEAN MATTRESS
We use “hot water extraction” method, also known as “steam cleaning” This process is used by 96% of all carpet cleaning companies across the country. Most major carpet manufacturers recommend hot water extraction as the preferred method of cleaning.
In low-traffic areas, carpets can go 8 to 12 months between cleanings, but high-traffic areas may need to be professionally cleaned on a quarterly basis. Households with pets, smokers, children, and a good amount of foot traffic should have their carpets professionally cleaned two to four times each year.
Usually, it takes anywhere between 3-5 hours, in rare cases might take 24 hours for the carpet to completely dry, depending on the aforementioned variables. Using fans in any rooms cleaned and turning your air conditioning or heating system on, depending on the time of year, can help accelerate drying time.
We do not move heavy furniture, however, we can move/slide some light pieces of furniture if needed.
Scotchgard helps you in two very important ways. When this protective coating is applied to the carpet fibers, it puts a protective barrier around each fiber. This protective barrier resists moisture. When you do have a spill, it gives you a window of time to get it cleaned up. Scotchgarding also helps reduce the wear and tear of your carpet.
Yes we can! We offer several solutions for pet problems. First we offer a hospital grade sanitizer to kill germs and bacteria in the carpet and upholstery fibers. For odor we provide a product whose natural odor eliminators use the power of nature and molecular science to get rid of organic and inorganic odors. Rather than masking unwanted odors, our product goes to the source to destroy the odor. More importantly it uses no toxins, so they safe to use around people and pets.
We accept cash, check, and major credit cards. There is 3% charge of your total for using cards.
It is not necessary that you be home while your carpet is cleaned because we are thoroughly trained professionals whom you can trust. In order to provide the best possible service, we recommend that someone be home before we begin cleaning to discuss any specific areas of concern regarding the care and cleaning of your carpet.
As mentioned earlier, most major carpet manufacturers now recommend hot water extraction (steam cleaning) as the preferred method. Like the laundering of your clothing, steam cleaning is highly effective in removing soil and other contaminants from your carpet. It is one of five carpet cleaning processes that are officially recognized as an industry standard.
To most people “dry cleaning” means cleaning without water. The fact is that most carpet cleaning advertised as “dry” cleaning actually uses anywhere from a little to a lot of water! That’s because most of the soil in your carpet is water soluble. For the most part that means better results with a wet cleaning process.
If you have light colored carpet, you may have experienced these dark lines that appear on the carpet. This soiling is called filtration soiling because it comes from air passing through the carpet as it is attempting to get through the crack between the carpet and the baseboard or under a closed door. As the air passes through the edge of the carpet pile, this microscopic soiling is deposited there (hence the term filtration soiling). This occurs over a significant period of time and is not noticed until a build up has occurred.
This type of soiling is difficult to remove because the soil particles are so fine that they penetrate deep into the carpet pile, sometimes into the backing of the carpet. Can it be removed? Sometimes. With special products, time and effort, reasonable results can sometimes be achieved. To help prevent filtration soiling, vacuum and wipe the edges of the carpeting on a regular basis.